ring height question

twilson

Does anybody Know what Height rings I will need to but a
3-12x 56mm with a 30mm tube on a remington 700 ltr I would like to use as low as I can get and I was planning on using leupold standard bases and rings
Thanks
twilson

I don't have the answer you are looking for but I would say that if you are planning on cranking knobs for the different distances you will be shooting then the scope height becomes less important than many gun publications make it out to be. (Sounds like you have a Niteforce scope project.)

Having the scope mounted close to the bore helps a little bit when zeroing the scope for a "point blank range". It will increase the durration of coincidence of the arcing bullet path and the straight line of sight for a slightly longer distance but not enough to worry about.

I'm not telling you to abandon your goal. I just hope to put you at ease if you don't find just the right mount to clear the barrel by the thickness of 'squito wings. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.