Rifle stock painting

Attachments

• 257.jpg
    257.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 121
Impressive work.

'Cept for the fact that he states on his website that he has no FFL, yet insists it's fine to ship him rifles...
Says he doesn't need one for "maintenance work"...absolutely incorrect.
He's headed to Club Fed if he thinks he can receive firearms interstate via mail or common carrier without being a licensee.
you may want to call him and get the drtails on that

you may want to call him and get the drtails on that
None of my business....
I'll add, tho- caveat emptor.
Anyone that ships a firearm interstate to a non-licensee, is in violation of federal law themselves. Always make sure they're a licensee, and their FFL is current via E-Z Check.

How bout this.... this was DIY with cerakote using a Paasche airbrush and my garage compressor. I used craft grass from a craft shop to make the design and I think it was 3 different colors. Solid and is holding up well. Didn't take long and I thought it turned out well.

20160504_134005.jpg

20160504_134034.jpg

Wasn't difficult at all. Was actually kinda fun.
Tens :cool:

I made a vertical coffin from cardboard with a door. On the bottom is a baffle so the paint cannot drip onto the hot plate. On top is a hole to insert a temperature probe. Brownells Aluma-hyde II spray paint [one part epoxy] works better at 100 degrees F. I drape blankets over the box to get the temperature up. The Seattle area is 45 degrees most of the year.

Attachments

• Hot box for painting one part epoxy d9-24-2013.jpg
    Hot box for painting one part epoxy d9-24-2013.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 77
Have you thought about getting it hydro dipped?

http://www.hydrodip.com/hydro_dipping_service/pricing/

If you want to try it yourself their are kits available-

https://www.mydipkit.com/product-category/camo-dipping-kits/military-camo-dip-kits/

I just did my first one of these as part of an SDI class. It was pretty strait forward and not that difficult, I used to small of a container for mine, I needed just a bit more film on the water. I didn't have a choice on color or pattern but I think it made the beat up old REM 788 stock look better. I will be redoing it later when I have more time.

Attachments

• 20220513_092426.jpg
    20220513_092426.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 65
Does any one have alot of experience with the hydro dipping. It is very cool. Just wondering how durable it is and is it affected by extreme cold?
The kit I used comes with a clear coat, similar to automotive clear, it says to apply 3 coats of clear over the film once it is dry. I have not had it long enough to give honest feedback. There are some people using the Cerakote clear over it for a more durable finish.