Rifle Build

Briancrn113

Thought I would share a couple of pics from my recent rifle build. 788 LH action (I know, I know)26" Lilja #5 1:8 in 260 Rem. McMillan stock bedded with a Timmney trigger set to 2#. Scope is a Bushnell Elite 3200 10X Mil-dot. Next up is a cerakote job in black. I have load development to do but initial (hurried) rusults are encouraging. This was my first rifle build and it was alot of fun. Being left handed leaves me with little options if I want something outside of standard calibers.

Attachments

• DSCF2090.jpg
    DSCF2090.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCF2093.jpg
    DSCF2093.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 46
Nice looking rig! What were the percentages on the stock colors?
I'm a lefty myself and have owned a couple LH 788's. 788's are generally quite accurate.

Nice job! Let us know how it shoots? I just picked up a 788 in 22-250 that looks like new. They normally shoot really well.....Rich

Thanks guys, I'm not sure on the color distribution. I waited 11 months to get the stock as McMillian initially sent it with the safety inleted on the left side. Finally got it and I am very pleased, but I guess I learned not to build a rifle on an odd action. My first and only 5 shot group fired so far measured 0.75", not spectacular but I did fire the shots about as fast as I could get on target. I was only zeroing a scope. Honestly I don't know what to expect with this setup but I am hoping for 0.5" once I find a load it likes and I take my time without drinking coffee prior. With a better rifleman behind it I bet it could do quite well. I'll post target pics next time I go out. Going to compare 130 gr Accubonds to 140 gr Sierra GK to 140 Hornady SST's.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.