Rifle Basix Sav-2 trigger

kbrezlin

Has anybody used one of these triggers and what did you think. I want to replace the trigger in my 110e action. Thanks.

Has anybody used one of these triggers and what did you think. I want to replace the trigger in my 110e action. Thanks.

Welcome to LRH and enjoy!

I have it in my Savage 111F in .300 WM for nearly 10 years now without any issues; set at 2.5 lbs for hunting. They are very good (very easy to install and maintain) and worth the investment esp. if you have the old very heavy trigger.

Thanks, I read some reviews and most seemed happy with them. I always like a real world review. Nothing like swapping triggers a month before season!

I had one and I thought it was a toy. Awful fit and finish, sloppy pin in hole fit, sloppy trigger in housing fit. Just terrible. By comparison, the $90 Shilen trigger I got for my (now gone) Rem 700 Classic was a work of art.

For now, I will buy accutriggers from anyone swapping them out for the Sav 2 triggers. To me the Factory trigger is better by far, just appears to be unobtainable, like most other Savage spares since 2012.

Here's my order of preference.

1- SAV-2, best out there. Can be adjusted to light, crisp, reliable, and safe.
2- Factory 3-screw. Can be adjusted to crisp, reliable, and safe. Just not as light as the Basix.
3- SSS Competition. Great trigger like the SAV-2, but something I don't like about the feel.
4- Red blade and sear Accutrigger. From the Precision Target Actions. Lighter break weight than the regular Accutriggers.
5- Timney and SAV-1 triggers. Good but really just well made 3-screw triggers. Not worth the money.
6- Regular accutrigger. Just a decent adjustable trigger.
7- 2-screw trigger. Regular factory trigger that has no Sear engagement adjustment. This is the first trigger to be replaced with any of the above.

I put one on a 112 action, and never regretted it. I think mine is set at about 28oz. (checked with a Lyman scale and weights). I did have to make some adjustments to remove some creep after about six months of usage (I have no idea how many shots)
gary

Thanks everyone. I installed the SAV-2 and set it at 2.5 pounds with a good bit of sear engagement for hunting. I am very happy with it. Even with the heavy sear engagement it still breaks very clean. Took a little playing with at first but its all good now.

Thanks everyone. I installed the SAV-2 and set it at 2.5 pounds with a good bit of sear engagement for hunting. I am very happy with it. Even with the heavy sear engagement it still breaks very clean. Took a little playing with at first but its all good now.

... now go have fun with it. Happy safe shooting/hunting.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.