Reviews on the Steiner Predator 4 compared to others

I have a predator extreme that I bought off of a friend. The airline gorilla handlers got a hold of my tuffpak on my safari back in August and my first shot to check zero in Africa and something in the eyepiece broke. When I got back to the states I called customer service (Burris) and had a shipping label and an RMA within 5 minutes. I packed it up, shipped it off and had it back within 2 weeks repaired, cleaned and re-certified. Was also updated as the scope moved through their system. I also have a predator 4 and would not hesitate to order another.

I have the exact scope you are asking about. I love it. Clear, bright, easy to find animals quickly, great reticle, not too heavy, and fits low talleys on my tikka with room to spare. Unless I'm looking for a scope for paper targets at long range I can't see how another thousand bucks would bring any real world benefit. Highly recommended.

My experience with Burris forever warranty less than stellar. This was after the merger with Steiner, or the buy out which ever way it went. They wouldn't fix binos I sent in for internal fogging and offered me lesser quality pair if I paid half. I refused and they just sent me a pair of 12x50 binos, the opposite of the company's I sent them. Glad quality not as good either. They refuse to answer any requests for service on a pair of Burris binos my parents have, after several requests. I did have a pair of Steiner 7x35 wide angle binos back in the 80's that were good but bulky but don't recall what happened with those. Liked them too, individual eye focus.

So, I don't usually consider Burris products anymore.