Retumbo!

Guy, I just happened to have watched the video earlier and I chuckled when you mentioned the 25-06. I had found a screamer of a load back around the same time period that I put together for an antelope hunt. That one was pushing 100gr Nos BT and it was flat shooting for sure.

I really enjoy the content that Gavin, Travis and yourself are putting on the channel. Great stuff!!!

Thank you! :)

Read several articles on Retumbo in the 25-06 about five years ago. Tried it with Berger 115 VLDH and it shot extremely accurately. Have used this load in three 25-06 rifles since and the results are stellar!

In 2016 I had a local gunsmith build a rifle in 300 RUM for me. This was to be my Coues deer rifle, for a trip to MX (my avatar picture is the buck I ended up shooting that year). I shoot 91gr of Retumbo, Nosler brass, Fed 215M, and a 200gr Accubond. It has been such a good load (and rifle) that I've used it on every hunt since it was built. Between me and others its killed 8 coues deer, 2 mule deer, 1 elk, 1 javelina and a antelope. Shots have ranged from 25-800 yards.
I don't think I'll ever use anything but Retumbo in a RUM.

I also really enjoy the videos that you and Gavin put out. You guys are doing some cool stuff and helping to educate people in the art of reloading. Thank you for all that you do (even if it is just playing with guns)!

Will do. I've only tinkered with Retumbo and never put a lot of effort into it. I've been in love with H1k for so long I can't remember using anything else in the bigguns.

Really interested in the head to head test on the ladder.

My 6.5-284 loves Retumbo behind a 140vld! I just got lucky last week and scored an 8lber!

All you guys talking about the quarter-06 got me wondering if I should give it a try 257wby. Anyone here tried it in the 257roy?

My 6.5-284 loves Retumbo behind a 140vld! I just got lucky last week and scored an 8lber!

All you guys talking about the quarter-06 got me wondering if I should give it a try 257wby. Anyone here tried it in the 257roy?
I've got one on the way for my 11year old daughter. Excited for the load development process.

I've loaded retumbo in 243, 25-06, 7mm, 300 PRC, 300 WBY. I know alot of guys who swear by h1000 in those bigger calibers but those rifles are all loaded with retumbo. The 300s I load for have some very nice flat spots on velocity and POI and and groups consistently .

I've done the head to head in that i wanted h1000 to work but eventually had to start loads with Retumbo. I usually get 40-70fps more with retumbo before hitting pressure vs. H1000.

My only caution is make sure you know where you are in powder spread. Find it and then adjust where you eventually load in your range of powder. I found that on the upper velocitie nodes you can get into pressure fast and unexpected. I've shot rifles with different powders and pressure seems to come up gradually where as with Retumbo it just shows, its fast and not gradual.

I'm starting to use it in my 257 Blackbird and 135gr Berger's.
Was able to go to the range yesterday and found a good load.
20220620_154057~2.jpg