Reticle question

royinidaho

Any way to get a reticle that is just a "dot". No visible lines. Just a dot.

Problem has to do with the ol' right eye.

Left eye is good as far as seeing 'straight' goes but vision is worse than right eye but the right eye sees crooked. That is, lines of any length look like snakes.

Leuy makes a dot but has very light lines supporting it.

The center or dot is good with either eye but the crookedness is a bit worrysome.

There isn't a fix for the eye but may be compensated for with the reticle.

The only reticle I know of that isnt an elctric dot is the NF NP-2DD.It still has lines but they taper to a point and are 2MOA away from the dot.
If lines appear to be crooked wouldnt the dot dance a little too?

+1 on the 2DD /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I love the 2DD, I am thinking of switching my other NF to it also....

463396.jpg

Mach V

The center of the ret. is ok as the retina is messed up around the exact center and when you are sighting you are looking right at the center of the ret.

With the mil dot scope which is all I have, as focus shifts to other dots they move about 0.3 mils to the right then go back to the proper alignment as I look up at the next one.

Hold over and under went by the wayside. I now click for both elevation and windage, thus don't need all that clutter.

I also shoot lefty as that eye is good.

Chris,

Thanks for the links. The dot is called the Isodot and the scope I'd be interested in, 4-16, doesn't have it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Sendero,

With my right eye the inner points of the horizonal stadia would be about half way down to to the vertical point.

The distortion is at least one mil or just over 3 MOA. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

However the ol' left eye is still good.

Gettin old really sux. All the good body parts head south and leave the rest of the body up here in the cold. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Gettin old really sux. All the good body parts head south and leave the rest of the body up here in the cold. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Here too - As soon as I get my mate to pass my drawings into AUTOCAD - could have some GOOD-ish news. How about a telemetric FFP NP2 reticle (not in a NF)?

Here's what Leuy's Target Dot actually looks.

I talked to Leuy. I was told that they wouldn't modify an existing reticle or make a new one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

332Reticle_Target_Dot.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.