Reticle question

alloutsmith3

I have a question and need some help with the reticle in a scope I just picked up. Its a Vortex Diamondback with the Dead-Hold BDC reticle. Heres a link to the reticle:

Vortex Optics - Diamondback 3.5-10x50 Dead-Hold BDC Reticle

The BDC dots are listed as being 1.5, 4.5, 7.5 and 11.0 MOA from the crosshair. I understand that 1 moa is roughly 1" at 100yds. In generic terms how would I put the BDC dots to practical use in the field. I'm planning on shooting each dot at 100yds to see where the impact point of the bullet is but wanted to get a better understanding of the reticle itself. Thanks for any input.

Pick your zero, and then do a drop chart that matches your rifle specs. I think there is one on this site, I have used jbl balistic, Then you reference the chart for the moa drops, that correspond to your reticule. Then shoot and fine tune

Those subtensions change with magnification also, so you have a wide range of aiming points available.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts