Report Estimates 260M Packages Stolen in 2022

That's what happens when we all order everything on line and the delivery services just drop the box on the porch.

As internet sales go up-- so does package stealing

Amazon alone delivers 1.6 million packages a day in the US, on a normal business day

Amazon just announced it will now start selling low cost Rx drugs delivered to your door also--- just wait for the theft rates to rise.

The more we buy online and ship- the easier it is for thieves to capitalize-- its the "gotta have it now-- faster than fast food" mentality this society has grown into.

First it was next day air, then same day shipping, now you can even get things at your door in under an hour

That's what happens when we all order everything on line and the delivery services just drop the box on the porch.

As internet sales go up-- so does package stealing

Amazon alone delivers 1.6 million packages a day in the US, on a normal business day

Amazon just announced it will now start selling low cost Rx drugs delivered to your door also--- just wait for the theft rates to rise.

The more we buy online and ship- the easier it is for thieves to capitalize-- its the "gotta have it now-- faster than fast food" mentality this society has grown into.

First it was next day air, then same day shipping, now you can even get things at your door in under an hour
Dropping off on the front porch???
Try the lazy delivery person dropping off on the beginning of the driveway and edge of the road.
Just found a box of Furnace Filters laying in my driveway at the edge of the road. Also they were totally soaked since the box was dropped off at night and it was pouring rain all night.
We have a 250' driveway and the delivery persons can't back out and keep running over our driveway lights, markers, and edge wooden Ties. So if they were here once then they just put the packages next to the road.

The package thiefs annoy me, although we loose very little. Our last few years in Kodiak the b&e theft got so bad we had 5 figures in loss. Broken window theory is no joke.

The young kids across the street order everything they buy online it seems. They often have packages on their doorstep all day. I've seen them for over two days (like they were out of town.)
One morning we found a (obvious wrong address) bag from Rally's on our step. If you find a bag full if steaming burgers and frys on your step in the early evening, it's COOL free dinner. Finding burgers at 630 am, not so much. The other morning something similar. Found an erroneous grocery delivery. It contained a bag frozen shrimp which were completely thawed, so it had to have been delivered the night before(with no knock). No address on the packages of course.

I am thinking GPS tag to track the dirt bags. Or trap set with pepper spray. I am leaning toward bright glow chartreuse fluoroschein dye and super fine glitter. That stuff won't come off and has to wear off.

Through time their has always been thieves, but IMO since the Meth revolution began in the late 80's, the percentage of thieves has grown exponentially. I moved from a small town where the tweakers were literally from The Walking Dead, when nightfall came, anything unlocked or left out was broken into or gone by morning. Local police were to afraid to go to the backwoods encapements so what went missing was soon pawned. Meth overides any sense of whats right or wrong. Unfortunately for all of us, our current border policies are allowing Meth to come by the truckloads.

Yeah I remember before and after meth on the island, it changed dramatically. Had a really good friend who'd been clean 9 years when I met him, he stayed clean till his passing from effects of what he had used. He worked tirelessly with faith-based rehab, as positive and jovial as he was he felt death was about the only cure he'd found for meth addiction. He passed maybe 15 years clean, worked with rehab for most of it. His tone towards meth sounded harsh but was founded on years spent in the trenches with addicts.

I remember we had had a pretty bad b&e, my wife was pretty shook up. We'd always tried to get her to carry, but she never did until then. A friend of hers was appaled she would choose between her stuff and the thiefs life. My wife's simple response was "I want them to choose between their life and my stuff". Until we decide culturally the same thing, all the glitter bombs, lock boxes and border walls won't stop crime or criminals. It just slows them down a little.

Last edited:
Dropping off on the front porch???
Try the lazy delivery person dropping off on the beginning of the driveway and edge of the road.
Just found a box of Furnace Filters laying in my driveway at the edge of the road. Also they were totally soaked since the box was dropped off at night and it was pouring rain all night.
We have a 250' driveway and the delivery persons can't back out and keep running over our driveway lights, markers, and edge wooden Ties. So if they were here once then they just put the packages next to the road.
I live 1/4 mile off the highway and they are always dropping off down next to the highway and yes I have packages that I don't receive even though they show to be delivered. I have complained to the deliveries companies about it and for the most part it does no good. It happens the most during the Christmas holiday when they hire extras to help with deliveries.
I have plenty of room to turn around, matter of fact you can turn a semi truck and trailer around if you need to if it hasn't been raining a lot and there are no gates to go through or to unlock.