Removing hydrographics

Smokepoles

I have a McMillan that's been dipped, I need to fill in the barrel channel a bit and will need to refinish after to keep her pretty. Stock is checkered so sanding isn't going to work, can anyone recommend a chemical they have used to successfully remove hydrographics from a painted glass stock? I can't seem to find much about it online and the local dip shop wasn't much help.. thanks, if it's not worth the trouble to strip it and paint I'll trade it instead.

I would contact Shumak gun shop in Marietta Ohio. He advertises Hydrographics work on guns and stocks, He may know the easy way to get them off.

i know at the gun shop i work at we just hit it with a 25-30 psi blast just to remove the clear coat. the rest can just be base coated over and re dipped. any more questions you can PM me.

I got some brake cleaner on a dipped shotgun barrel and it started peeling off. Try that or some paint stripper(the kind for oil base) and a brillo pad.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.