Remington's new AR platform !!

Hell, why not? Just another gimmick if you ask me, sounds like they are relying on people to buy it off name recognition. Seriously, what could make theirs any more special then the hundreds of other AR makers? Just like the shooting mags hyping up the Smith & Wesson version....come out with something new **** it!!!!

I'm with Bravo, just a bushy with a different paint job and stamp. If they would have done something innovative or managed to hit a low price point with a high quality rifle, I might be interested. But if you want to spend a grand on an AR there are tons of proven excellent quality rifles out there in that price range.

you can build a much better rifle (AR) for alot less money , the last couple Bushmasters I fired had problems with them that caused malfunctions. The last 3 I put together I used Double Star lowers and have preformed perfectly and they are actualy better built and cost less.

With a huge company like Rem buying them maybe they will com down to a reasonable level in price. Or start converting all of them to the new gas piston desgine.

I think it is good

It could help the image of the AR-15 the public could come to think of it as a hunting rifle. It is a way to show them there is no difference in a bad black gun and a good hunting gun,

Thanks,Keith

Not a big surprise, since Rem & Bushmaster are owned by the same people. Companies like to offer a complete line of a given product to increase market share. I sell forklifts & industrial products & I see the same trends in the material handling industry.
Keep in mind, a manufacturer/company that offers a complete line can more easily get large gun retailers to become their dealers.
Bushmaster will be offering some semi-custom tactical bolt guns, made by guess who.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.