remington

thomo

Hi forum.
Has anyone had much to do with the vtr 700 in 308, and would it be a good hunting rifle
and what mods could you do to improve the long distance of the rifle, I have the platform if i want it ? free. Money spent is on improvments
Thank you

To improve the VTR, get a new stock and have it bedded. Also, tune or replace the original trigger.

That's just a start....

a good friend and shooting buddy of mine just got a vtr about 3 months ago. It has turned out to be quite a shooter. Only major suggestions would be a trigger, and find a Smith that can recrown the barrel through the integrated brake. My buddies shot sub moa before with hornady superformance 168Amax loads, with the aforementioned mods its is now shooting under half moa out to 600yds, a new stock is in the works but th current on is working.

trebark texan and camshaft.
good information and great gunsmith, trebark glad the little one was happy with his new toy.will be looking into all the info you have all supplied.
Thanks again.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.