Remington ?

Possibly....but I'm also thinking that oft times rifles are owned by 'not the brightest light' on the block!!

Exactly. I believe Remingtons like any other factory rufle have a chance of issues or more than likely be a fine shooter. I used to believe that Remingtons were complete junk..... I now realize that they are no different than a savage or any other factory rifle. I agree with Mud that the reason people seem to have more issues is they sell the more than any other manufacturer.

Check this out (remington problem forums) all these can't be wrong.

You are right. Everyone needs to stop buying Remington's so the rest of us that know how good they are most of the time and will not have to defend them to those that like something else. (A little humor).

Anyone that works on rifles will tell you all factory rifles have there problems and Remington is no exception. If I listed all the problems found with factory rifles over the years of working on them, it could fill volumes. And if I added up the problems with each, the percentage of problems would be fairly close based on the number sold.

Remington's would not have the highest percentage of problems by a fair margin ether nor would they have the least.

I didn't bite MUD . I just took a nibble. Ha Ha

J E CUSTOM

I didn't say other rifles don't have problems, I know they do. But you Remington fellas get your undies in a scrunch when somebody shi$s in your oatmeal about Remington rifles.

If I listed all the problems found with factory rifles over the years of working on them, it could fill volumes.

The book would be thick if you listed all the problems that have been discussed on this and other forums about custom rifles.

I didn't say other rifles don't have problems, I know they do. But you Remington fellas get your undies in a scrunch when somebody shi$s in your oatmeal about Remington rifles.

And Savage supporters love pointing that out, even being so mature about it as to make a BS thread just to try to envoke an argument to try to prove their false point. I'd love to see how you react randomly in person when someone criticizes your favorite brand...I bet your reaction is not far off what you're claiming "Remington guys" do. :cool:

And no, my "undies" aren't in a "scrunch"... I personally find it funny how bent out of shape you are about it...So much so to create this whole new thread complaining about "Remington guys" and how bent out of shape they get... The irony is hillarious.

Waynzee and our other assorted members,

Check this out (remington problem forums) all these can't be wrong.

I think it's important to restate the obvious:

Remington produces an astounding number of complete factory rifles each year. Within that statement lies what should also be obvious. Manufacturing involving large numbers carries with it the potential for some problems or failures. The companies uses risk assessment to justify the cost of fixing the problem or settling repairs. Accept this as fact, it's true. Better QC can reduce these occurrences but also contributes to higher costs. It's a balance.

What is more to the point and at the heart of the matter is the internet and social media. These two portals have allowed every person with access to a phone or computer to voice their opinion whether they tell the truth, have a legitimate complaint or they just want to be noticed. Most of this, I'm convinced, revolves around the need to express a personal opinion and to feel important, to be the exception to the rule instead of being a part of the majority. They want to stand out and these outlets provide a solution for those desires. People that are ****ed off want a forum in which they can express their anger and seek some form of retribution. Bad mouthing a manufacturer is retribution.

I don't buy complete Remington rifles to be used as a factory rifle. I buy them when I need a particular action which is not readily available for a build. But I buy dozens of Remington actions each year to provide the basis for client requested builds. The current run of actions, both stainless and CM have been some of the best Remington actions I've worked on in years. There has been a noticeable improvements, although they haven't caught every little detraction, the improvements are there.

Regards.

And Savage supporters love pointing that out, even being so mature about it as to make a BS thread just to try to envoke an argument to try to prove their false point. I'd love to see how you react randomly in person when someone criticizes your favorite brand...I bet your reaction is not far off what you're claiming "Remington guys" do. :cool:

And no, my "undies" aren't in a "scrunch"... I personally find it funny how bent out of shape you are about it...So much so to create this whole new thread complaining about "Remington guys" and how bent out of shape they get... The irony is hillarious.

+1:D

You guys took the bait again!!!
It's like a mouse trap with cheese, you know it's going to get ya, but you try anyway..:D

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.