Remington VLS or VS opinions

cbaker

Thinking about picking up a Remington 308 and was considering the Remington VS or VLS. I will use it deer hunting and hopefully some long range shooting. Should I go with a laminated stock or synthetic. Also, is the 26" barrel too much for a 308 and should I look at a LTR? Thanks.

I have a Rem 308 with 26" barrel and VS stock and I think it's just right. I also have a VLS stock but like the VS better. Some people like a shorter barrel for ease of handling but I like the higher velocity from the longer barrel.
Wayne

I have the .308 VS with a 26". It's just perfect. I love the synth stock that they use. You will love that rifle. If you get a trigger job, it will shoot sub MOA.

I'm a fussy bugger, dont like the VLS stock, dont like the VS stock because of the speckling, so i bought a 243 VLS and had swapped into a PSS stock ( from a 223)by my retailer for the difference in price between a VLS and VS.....Bargain! The PSS stock has a wider forend, duel palm swells and looks much nicer in plain black Go out and buy a 308 PSS, selected action ,selected barrel,and superb accuracy in a beautifull looking package.....Oh! and a 26" inch barrel.
cool.gif

i like wood especially in the winter doesnt make noise when rubed by branches thats why i chose the vls
jaeger
smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.