remington triggers

oldfamily

I have a rem 700 action for a future project the only thing that bugs me is that the trigger on it now you have to put the thing in to the fire position to open the bolt. I do not care for this at all. Could this be fixed or do I need to replace this trigger?

If this is an older trigger you can "fix" this yourself. There is an extension on the safety lever that engages the notch cut into the bolt body. Shorten the lever a little bit and you'll be able to open the bolt with the safety in the "on" position.

Many folks perfer the bolt locked when the safety is "on", this feature keeps the bolt from riding partially open and causing a "miss-fire" if the rifle is fired with the bolt partially raised.

their is a conversion kit for the older triggers , converts from the 2 position to a the newer 3 position , allowing you to remove the bolt with the safety on

Brownells part # 916-100-203 sugested retail $36.35
dealer cost $29.41

you could probably buy a stock newer trigger for that price or just save a little cash and buy an altogether better trigger from Rifle Basix or Timney for about $100

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.