Triggers for LA 700 remington actions.. .

WildRose

The more I read here and find myself at home with long range shooters the more I want to tinker with the gear I already have and invest in some more.

I have a CZ 527 .204 Ruger that comes from the factory with one of the nicest singe set triggers I have ever fingered.

I'm thinking of putting something similar on my Remington's so I'll dig in here asking for advice on a direction.

Thanks.

Well I have only owned 2 rem 700 to date one had a factory trigger tuned by Kirby Allen the other had a custom shillen installed. I prefered the factory tuned trigger to the shillen 110%. In fact it was so much better I never going to by a shillen trigger for anything again.

Now I am about to try a Timmny on my Howa on Kirbys advice and if it goes well then on my sendero as well.

Jon

Well I have only owned 2 rem 700 to date one had a factory trigger tuned by Kirby Allen the other had a custom shillen installed. I prefered the factory tuned trigger to the shillen 110%. In fact it was so much better I never going to by a shillen trigger for anything again.

Now I am about to try a Timmny on my Howa on Kirbys advice and if it goes well then on my sendero as well.

Jon
I've had very good factory triggers on 4 of my 6 700's that just needed a little tweaking and tuning here and there; including this one.

I'm just extremely pleased with the single set trigger and fishing around to see if there's anything comparable for the 700's.

Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.