Remington Sendero or Savage Weather Warrior

Obviously you have had some issues with Savages. I think if you look around the web you are an exception to the rule. As far as the triggers go I have custom rifles with Jewel triggers and for a hunting rifle I would put my accutrigger against any. Obviously if you are shooting competition bench rest the Jewell would win. I will never build another custom rifle with a custom action as I do not see the value over my Savages. Savage offers many different choices with firearms that most can not rival. Remington is really the only other manufacturer with the number of options. I have a factory Remington magnum sporter that shoots better than .5 moa out to 700yds(farthest I have shot it) but more Savages shoot like this out of the box than Remingtons in my experience. To the OP you can not go wrong with either rifle but again they are two different animals.

I heard the same thing but three new guns from two different stores (one special ordered from Savage) and none would shoot under 1.5" at 100 yards. The stocks were bad, the trigger pull was a mess compared to what folks would have you believe. The special order split case necks on factory Remington and Winchester loads. I'm guessing it wasn't head spaced correctly from the factory, or the reamer was bad. I could go on with the issues we found with these three rifles, but won't. Also we compared guns in the same price range all purchased through local dealers.

I think the big draw to Savage is home tinkers can swap barrels and customize them without proper training or equipment. TC figured this out are just released a bolt gun that takes about two minutes to swap. They are owned by Smith and Wesson now and should be pretty good guns.

Ive had a lot of savages and know lots that own them and never once heard this. but who knows.

I'm a huge Savage fan and I have several in my safe, I will admit that the only rifle I ever sold was a Tactical 110. I could not make it shoot like a Remington and I carried it on duty I couldn't trust it 100% so I sold it to someone outside the Law Enforcement family. I always sort of kicked myself for not investing in the 700 from the start, especially when looking for parts. Seems like every aftermarket park or accessory is made for the 700 platform, Savage and Ruger etc… are mere afterthoughts.

My Sendero should be in by next week, I got it in .300 WIN MAG.

The only recommendation I could make outside of the Sendero is Accuracy International… but who has that kind of money?!

Like was said every sendero I have shot have shot well just out of the box , factory ammo most would shoot an inch or better , with hand loads and some tweaking ,trigger bedding they shoot lights out IMOP :D

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.