Remington Sendero or Savage Weather Warrior

stevotary

HELP PLEASE!!! Which do you think would shoot better groups? A factory Remington Sendero or a Savage Weather Warrior. I've made up my mind to buy a factory 300 win mag, but now I'm debating. I love remington look and feel, but I've heard Savage's are amazing. Which one? I'd like to know for sure which one groups better. I want to make long range shots. I have a Huskamaw scope awaiting a gun.

I purchased the Savage weather warrior in March of 2011 and a new Sendero in 7MM in November. For me, the Remington shoots the best groups. Its heavy and has a great stock that sits well on a sandbag. The weight helps to get a steadier sight picture and probably helps with flinching because it tames the recoil better. If your going to be running up and down mountains though I would lean toward the Weather Warrior. I have shot both out to 800 yards and either will print a group small enough to hit a deer in the chest. I think you will find the biggest factor in your group size is how well you compensate for wind.

Let's just put it this way. I have never shot an inaccurate Sendero and I have shot quite a few of them. My vote is for the Sendero all the way.
Yep. Have it floated and epoxy bedded and I haven't seen one that wouldn't shoot better than 99.9% of shooters are capable even with quality factory ammo vs handloads.

Considering that the Sendero cost almost 2x as much as the Savage, it should be better.

A better comparison would be the Sendero vs the Savage LRH, IMO.

Between the two, I would go for the Sendero. If your other choice was the Savage LRH, the choice would be more difficult. The Savage LRH has a better trigger, brake, adjustable Kardsden stock, and will be as accurate, or better. The weight and balance is better for trekking around, but it still has the barrel weight for long range shooting. It will cost you $300-500 less, which could be spent on better glass,rangefinder, McMillan stock, etc. IMHO.

Another vote for Remington. The last three new Savages I shot didn't do so well, but I'm sure with a lot of work you could get them to come around. The Remingtons I've shot lately were about as close to perfect as one could hope for right out of the box.

You already have many good opinions here but these are two completely different guns. Of the two the Sendero will be more likely to produce better groups. The Weather Warrior would be better suited for hiking around with. If you are wanting a heavy gun for shooting small groups I would buy the Savage 110 FCP HS Precision before the Remington any day. To the poster that said the Savages he shot would not shoot- there had to be something wrong with them. I can not even count how many Savages I own or have owned and none of them would not shoot.

I'm a savage fan. But what you r trying to compare r Apples to Oranges. Both r nice rifles but come on there not even close to being the same. Between the two you named its going to be REMINGTON. But like said earlier give savage equal equipment and it will be down to person preference. Savage shoot really good.

You already have many good opinions here but these are two completely different guns. Of the two the Sendero will be more likely to produce better groups. The Weather Warrior would be better suited for hiking around with. If you are wanting a heavy gun for shooting small groups I would buy the Savage 110 FCP HS Precision before the Remington any day. To the poster that said the Savages he shot would not shoot- there had to be something wrong with them. I can not even count how many Savages I own or have owned and none of them would not shoot.

I heard the same thing but three new guns from two different stores (one special ordered from Savage) and none would shoot under 1.5" at 100 yards. The stocks were bad, the trigger pull was a mess compared to what folks would have you believe. The special order split case necks on factory Remington and Winchester loads. I'm guessing it wasn't head spaced correctly from the factory, or the reamer was bad. I could go on with the issues we found with these three rifles, but won't. Also we compared guns in the same price range all purchased through local dealers.

I think the big draw to Savage is home tinkers can swap barrels and customize them without proper training or equipment. TC figured this out are just released a bolt gun that takes about two minutes to swap. They are owned by Smith and Wesson now and should be pretty good guns.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.