Remington Sendero good deal?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Nimrod, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Nimrod

Nimrod Well-Known Member

I was in one of the local shops today and they had a used Sendero in .300 WM. with a Leupold VariX-III 8.5-25 AO and a medium Harris bipod on consignment for $1300.00 out the door. I looked the rifle over pretty good, it looked well cared for, I couldn't find a scratch on it anywhere nor did I see any marks on the scope no J-lock was present and the crown was clean. The bore looked good to the naked eye but without the Hawkeye who knows, I looked anyway. I have not been too impressed with Remington quality in the last few years so I thought I would ask here. Did I walk away from a good deal?

Thanks in advance!
    Bob

2. linksmechanic

linksmechanic Well-Known Member

Well, the gun today would cost around $1100.00 by itself. The scope probably around $700-800. Seems like a good deal to me.

3. Ballistic64

Ballistic64 Well-Known Member

Will the shop let you shoot it before you commit to buying? Doesnt sound like too bad of deal to me,but then with the new politicians coming in,any gun deal today might seem like the deal of the century in the near future.:D