Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by HoytFlinger, Aug 31, 2011.

1. HoytFlinger

HoytFlinger Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

My first post here, but I have a question if you don't care. I ran across a stainless Browning A-Bolt, I know not the preference, but, it is chambered in 7 Dakota, 25.5" Krieger, supposedly put together by Gunwerks. Comes with DNZ mount, sitting in a B&C Medalist stock, 75 rounds loaded ammo, 100 pieces of brass, and RCBS dies. Shipped in a hard case for $1,350. Is this a good deal?

It has had less than 60 rounds down the pipe.

Thanks,

Todd

2. WyoElk2Hunt

WyoElk2Hunt Well-Known Member

I think it is a good deal. I bought a gun from Gunwerks that was built by someone else when they were BESTOFTHEWEST. Gun works great. 7mm dakota is a very good cal. in my opinion. My gun is a 7mm Wapiti.

3. HoytFlinger

Thanks for replying. I was told it was put together by Gunwerks, but I can't say for sure.

4. LouBoyd

LouBoyd Well-Known Member

Just remember how fast your dollars are becoming worthless as the economy collapses. Buy the rifle now and keep your eyes open for other as a hedge against inflation.

Last weekend I bought a 1990 Browning BAR in 300 Win Mag at a gun show. The "declining dollar" excuse was satisfying, especially since the rifle was very lightly used and only $500. I used to use need as an excuse but that seemed silly after my collection exceeded 50 rifles.

5. jsthntn247

jsthntn247 Well-Known Member

It would cost you at least twice that to do it yourself. Makes me wonder why they are selling it though.

6. sinarms

sinarms Well-Known Member

Do you like abolts? If it's not what you want you can build exactly what you want for a little more. I love the Dakota rounds but do you?

7. HoytFlinger

Said he recently got a 300 RUM.

8. HoytFlinger

I like them. To me, accurate is accurate, I don't care what the brand is. I have never had a rifle chambered in a Dakota round, but I like the ballistics of them.