Remington Sendero 7mm STW Nightforce NXS

JodyHerring

I have an original Sendero in 7 STW I'm about to put up in the for sale section and wanted to let you guys know first. It has been my deer gun for the last 10 years and she is a good rifle. I don't know the exact round count other than less than 500.
I am picking up my new left handed STW built on a Remington action this week and will post pics of it later. This rifle currently has a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 mil/mil on it that I bought in November. It also has Nightforce 20 MOA base and Nightforce rings. I can let it all go for $3600.00 shipping included with a plastic case or I will just sell the rifle for $1200.00 including plastic case and shipping. It has a Kinetic Research Group bolt knob. I also have 250 brass fired from this rifle to go with it.

Call or text for pics
Jody
601-384-6979

Last edited:
So, you're asking new retail prices for everything, plus $1,200 for the rifle with nearly half the barrel life gone?

Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 HS/ZS Mil/Mil - $2028
Nightforce 20MOA R700LA rail - $116
Nightforce 30mm rings - $165
Rifle - $1,200

Which leaves $91 for a $20 plastic case...

I am willing to discuss price with someone who is genuinely interested. I also have a custom dial from Kenton Industries that cost $129.90 that works great with factory Nosler 160 AB. I did pay taxes on the scope and base and rings that totaled $179.81. The bolt knob at todays price is $28.00 and the 250 brass. What is 250 fire formed brass worth?

129.90 Kenton Ind elevation knob
179.81 taxes
28.00 bolt knob
________
$337.71 savings without the brass included

The scope was purchased on 11/27/15.

I can't comment directly on your sendero, but it always seems bad to list a package deal as everyone will dissect it to find what they like and do not like. I will dissect it too since Muddy has already gotten blood on the ground here.

Scopes usually hold 1/2 of their original purchase price, though nightforce and Leupy seem to do better than that. The rifle itself seems to not be that far from what expected price is lately, but I did trade in my sendero 7stw 3 years ago on a lh rifle; I got about $500 for it in good condition. I will hesitate on the base/rings and el. knob for the scope as I would not have bought those things and would likely sell them rather than retain ownership. Therefore they aren't worth much to me. The used brass is also up to conjecture as brass can be ruined with one firing if loaded hot enough; therefore it is worth anywhere from nothing to nearly $1 per case.

I am looking for another Sendero in 7mmstw, but I am not buying a package deal and realize that you can have a rem lr in 7stw for about $900 after you buy the rifle in 7rem and have the chamber punched to 7stw; you can also have a gen2 sendero in 7stw for about $1400 after purchasing and re-chambering.

Good luck with your sale; someone with jingle in their pocket will want a gen1 sendero in 7stw and be interested in the other items.

I can't comment directly on your sendero, but it always seems bad to list a package deal as everyone will dissect it to find what they like and do not like. I will dissect it too since Muddy has already gotten blood on the ground here.

Scopes usually hold 1/2 of their original purchase price, though nightforce and Leupy seem to do better than that. The rifle itself seems to not be that far from what expected price is lately, but I did trade in my sendero 7stw 3 years ago on a lh rifle; I got about $500 for it in good condition. I will hesitate on the base/rings and el. knob for the scope as I would not have bought those things and would likely sell them rather than retain ownership. Therefore they aren't worth much to me. The used brass is also up to conjecture as brass can be ruined with one firing if loaded hot enough; therefore it is worth anywhere from nothing to nearly $1 per case.

I am looking for another Sendero in 7mmstw, but I am not buying a package deal and realize that you can have a rem lr in 7stw for about $900 after you buy the rifle in 7rem and have the chamber punched to 7stw; you can also have a gen2 sendero in 7stw for about $1400 after purchasing and re-chambering.

Good luck with your sale; someone with jingle in their pocket will want a gen1 sendero in 7stw and be interested in the other items.

If you're referring to the SFII, then that is the 3rd Generation... The SF is the 2nd Generation. :D

If you're referring to the SFII, then that is the 3rd Generation... The SF is the 2nd Generation. :D

No one bought the sendero before the sf... I consider the standard and sf to both be gen 1 rifles.... There are some of the gen 1 rifles that command a premium (mainly those with non-fluted barrels/ blued rifles), and some sellers become confused and put that premium on all of the earlier sendero rifles. The sendero was sold either (regular)/ or (sf) for a while too if I recall correctly. Not to mention the carbon wrapped barreled rifles and etron x rifles; they were also sold while the original sf's were around.

No one bought the sendero before the sf... I consider the standard and sf to both be gen 1 rifles.... There are some of the gen 1 rifles that command a premium (mainly those with non-fluted barrels/ blued rifles), and some sellers become confused and put that premium on all of the earlier sendero rifles. The sendero was sold either (regular)/ or (sf) for a while too if I recall correctly. Not to mention the carbon wrapped barreled rifles and etron x rifles; they were also sold while the original sf's were around.

The Christensen Arms barreled 700's (Rem 700 Composite) were introduced in 1999, and I think ended in 2001. I know we sold a few of them at the shop in 2002/2003. We also sold the Browning A-Bolt II version as well. We also sold several of the R700 VSSF Composite rifles. Always wanted one in .308 Win.

The G1 Sendero (blued/non-fluted) was the original from the 90's (I want to say up to 1998). The SF came about around 1998 to the mid-2000's. Then the SFII came about, and is still the current model. There were some odd model Senderos that were made as limited runs for specific distributors, like the Sendero SF that was blued & fluted. And the Christensen barreled models known as the Remington 700 Composite.

I have a virtually new factory G1 Sendero (blued/non-fluted) 7mm STW barrel that's sitting unfired on my 2nd STW. I wonder how much that barrel is worth? I had it listed around $200, and people were clambering over it. I wonder how much more I can get for it, for someone wanting to build a date correct model G1 Sendero... I have been debating on pulling that barrel and building a .28 Nosler Imp. just for the diversity.

A few years ago, I missed a shot at a G1 Sendero .25-06 for $600 (or $1,200 with a Swaro scope on it), but had no money at the time. Still kicking myself for that one. I also missed a used VSSF .308 Win for $450 at the local LEO distributor...But once again, no money. Since those 2 incidents, I have made sure to keep a low balance on my credit card so that never happens again. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.