Sendero 7mm STW

ingelsj

Hey guys, if this question has already been asked and answered I apologize. Did remington make a sendero in stw that was matte and non-fluted (similar to the VS)? I have a stainless fluted model but I'm interested to know if they offered it in other models. Thanks in advance.

Hey guys, if this question has already been asked and answered I apologize. Did remington make a sendero in stw that was matte and non-fluted (similar to the VS)? I have a stainless fluted model but I'm interested to know if they offered it in other models. Thanks in advance.
Yes, I have one of those barrels on a custom build sitting in my safe, as we speak.

Remington did offer the original model Sendero in 7mm STW. The original models were blued & had 26" heavy (non-fluted) barrels. How many of them were made, that I don't know... Because they are very rare to find, from my research. That's why when I saw that barrel on ebay a couple years ago, I snatched it up.

Yes, I have one of those barrels on a custom build sitting in my safe, as we speak.

Remington did offer the original model Sendero in 7mm STW. The original models were blued & had 26" heavy (non-fluted) barrels. How many of them were made, that I don't know... Because they are very rare to find, from my research. That's why when I saw that barrel on ebay a couple years ago, I snatched it up.

I just bought one this morning for $725.. UNFIRED. Yeah I didn't believe it until i picked it up. My question is the STW is stamped after the Sendero.. Looks like it might of been a 7mag turned into a STW. I own a identical 7mag Sendero also and it looks the same as far as the stamps. Any thoughts.

I'm thinking 725 is too much. You can get a Hart fluted for ~450 in the same contour, 320ish non-fluted.

But...to each his own. If you wanted it, and got what you wanted, good for you. And of course, I may be way off...

Meh. I've seen em go for 800-1,000. I own a few Senderos. Great price in my book. I was just trying to figure out if it was redone. But I did just get a reply back that it was redone at Rem Into a 7STW.

I just bought one this morning for $725.. UNFIRED. Yeah I didn't believe it until i picked it up. My question is the STW is stamped after the Sendero.. Looks like it might of been a 7mag turned into a STW. I own a identical 7mag Sendero also and it looks the same as far as the stamps. Any thoughts.
I think you did ok on that one. I have no idea on the rechamber, unless it says "7MM REM MAG SENDERO STW". Then it would have been a rechamber.

But if it says either "7MM STW SENDERO" or just "7MM STW" on it, then that should indicate a factory chambered rifle.

Yeah. With a box off ammo and base I think I did good. Already got friends offering me 900 for it. The STW is stamped after the Sendero which made me like look deeper into it.

Wow very nice. I called Rem and its a 1994 Sendero 7mag. At some point it was reworked into a 7STW. I probably won't shoot it much, just like to collect them. I had the 7mag Sendero for two years before I shot that. Some guy at a TX gun show didn't know what he had and sold it for $500.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.