REMINGTON 700 VLS 7MM-08

redbone

I AM LOOKING FOR SOME ONE WHO KNOWS HOW WELL THIS REMINGTON VLS 7MM-08 HB WILL SHOOT ON PAPER OR OFF PAPER A I AM LOOKING TO BUY ONE OF 700 VLS 7MM-08 IF YOU SHOOT ONE TELL ME ABOUT HOW GOOD YOUR RIFLE IS. THANKS TERRY GOD BLESS

Have a local customer who bought one, had me do a trigger job, bed it and recrown it and it runs about the 3/4" mark with factory ammo- he doesn't reload.

Is this stainless? I get the Letters mixed up, but mine is the Varmint spesial with a laminate stock. Mine is a tack driver. Although not my hunting loads it will consistently shoot 3 shot groups around 1/2". My best to date is.183, but I've got a handful .3" or better. I'm not a 'precision' reloader as I do not weigh my bullets or cases nor check for concentrency Heck, I can't even spell it. I don't 'push' reloads and have found Hornadt Light Mags shoot around one inch groups at 2980fps and that is about 150fps faster than max loads in most books for me. capt david /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Actually, it shoots awfull /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif and if you don't buy it or want to seel let me know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have a 700 VLS in 7mm08 that I have just started testing with. I have seen several groups under an inch with 140gr Nosler BT's & IMR 4895 powder. According to the loading manuals there are better powders out there so I expect to see much better from this rifle. The trigger needed a little work but other than that it is a stock rifle. Remington stopped production of the VLS in 7mm08 in the late 90's according to the Blue Book, so if you have one found you may want to go ahead & buy it.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.