• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Remington 700 STW DMB SS

edg1966

I purchased this gun this past fall thinking it was going to be my long range gun, but have since purchased a couple more guns that are holding my interest a little more so I'm going to move this one. All the information I have on it is from my research and the short time it has been in my possession so I have no idea on round count, etc.

This is a Remington Model 700 SS DBM with a B&C Medalist stock that I purchased for it. I also have the factory stock which will be included. I painted that in a multicolored tan/brown textured finish that actually turned out really nice, but I suppose one could argue that statement is subjective. This model was only produced in 1997 and came with an engraved receiver, 25.5" SS barrel with brake and detachable magazine. The rings are what came on the gun...not sure, but think they are Millet. The scope is a Leupold VX-II 3-9x42. Overall condition is very good. There are a few marks on the barrel that I assume are from a safe or hunting. Stock is in excellent shape as is the glass.

I sighted this gun in, shot a couple groups with it, then sent it with a friend to CO for a three-day elk hunt. He checked zero on it out there and that was all it was used. Shooting factory Nosler Ammo with 175 Accubonds I did shoot one group that was close to .5", so I'm assuming with some hand loads this gun has potential. I just don't have time to work with another gun or I would keep it.

Price is $1250.00 plus shipping. I would prefer to do FFL to FFL, but can do private to FFL if you would prefer.

I have only had a few transactions here, but you can check my feedback on Rokslide or Archerytalk under edg1967. I can email specific pictures if you wish.

Attachments

• IMG_1523.JPG
    IMG_1523.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1524.JPG
    IMG_1524.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1525.JPG
    IMG_1525.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1526.JPG
    IMG_1526.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 6
More pictures...

Attachments

• IMG_1528.JPG
    IMG_1528.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1527.JPG
    IMG_1527.JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1271.JPG
    IMG_1271.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 8
Dropping the price to $1200.00 and including these bullets that I had listed in another thread...

81 Nosler 160 Accubonds (one unopened box plus 31)
16 Speer 160 Grand Slams
49 Speer 175 Mag Tip
76 Speer 160 SP

Did I miss it? What caliber is this rifle?

Yea. Looking at my ad, I guess I had a brain fart when typing the title. It shoul read 7mm STW. Sorry for the confusion. I'll edit the ad when I get to my computer.

Yea. Looking at my ad, I guess I had a brain fart when typing the title. It shoul read 7mm STW. Sorry for the confusion. I'll edit the ad when I get to my computer.

I knew what you were talking about. remmy never chambered any stw's other than the 7mm. I believe the win custom shop did the 358 sta for a bit, but that's another story.
I've shot the stw in dbm-b before; my Pops has one and it out shoots my custom. The last group I fired with his rifle last year playing with the 150ablr pills was about an inch at 200yds. Good loads for the rifle are better than that.

Thank yo for your endorsement. I have no doubt that this could be a shooter considering what it did with factory loads. I already have two new guns that I'm working on load development for, otherwise I would keep it. If I can't get my money back out of it, I'll stick it in the safe until I have more time.

Bringing this back up for $900.00. Trade for quality, lightweight scope. 36-42mm objective. 1" or 30mm anywhere from 1.5-10X...Kahles, Swaro etc. Prefer 4A, but Duplex would be OK too.

I have a Swarovski 1.5 x 6 x 42 Habicht Professional Hunter that been sitting in my safe for awhile. I had it on a 7-08 but took it off for some more power. This is a great 30mm low light scope. Its in excellent condition. Its a Duplex.

Here are some pictures. Call or email if you are interested.

Matt Olivera
956-286-0555
[email protected]

Attachments

• IMG_0877.jpg
    IMG_0877.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0879.jpg
    IMG_0879.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 5