Remington 700 project

TK 1985

Hi guys, I've got this 700 youth rifle in .243, just not sure what I should turn it into yet. I have a 6.5 Creedmoor close to being done (hopefully), and I'm ordering a 700 varmint in .223 as well. Ideas on this one?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 57
Ha.. Ha. Not that a bazooka wouldn't be awesome. I was leaning towards tearing it down for an M40 build

I think I would lean towards a Sherman over a SAUM. Everthing I've read so far seems like the SAUM is a bunch of snake oil. But out of curiosity why would I buy a PTG bolt instead of opening up my bolt face?

I think I would lean towards a Sherman over a SAUM. Everthing I've read so far seems like the SAUM is a bunch of snake oil. But out of curiosity why would I buy a PTG bolt instead of opening up my bolt face?

PTG bolt is just better in every aspect, but opening the bolt face would be cheaper.

M40 would be cool, other than the ballistics, which are now old world. Ammo is cheap though.

Please elaborate on this comment... I would love to hear what is so "old world" about the .308 Win these days with modern bullets, powders, and components. :cool:

Not a ******* contest and too each their own......if you are happy with performance of .308, that's all that matters. I'd personally rather shoot a 6 CM, 6.5 CM, most short magnums, etc for both paper punching and hunting......currently rebarreling my 308 to a 6.5 GAP 4s, which will push a 130 gr Berger VLD 3200 ft/sec......my new hunting rig. 308 is definitely more economical though.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.