6.5wsm Project

StraightShot

Its been 10 months and I am finally able to show/share a picture of my first semi custom build. Last december I bought a remington 700 300 wsm with the intention of building off the action. Shortly after I bought the rifle I got a 6.5 mm shilen match grade SS barrel on order. 1:8 twist. 2 months later the barrel arrived. I took the barrel and the gun to my smith to began the work. Finally in august after much hassle and delay I got my gun back with the new barrel installed cut and crownded, the trigger redone, and the stock floated and bedded. After I got all that work done I sent it off to karl at kampfeld custom, who by the way i'm very impressed with the fluting he did on the barrel, and bolt and the removable break and thread protector that he did on it. I couldn't wait to finish it like I want yet so I went a head and mounted my huskemaw 6-20x50 on there and I'll be heading to the range one of these next night to start the barrel break in process and test things out! When the weather here turns nasty and cold i'm going to take it semi apart and 2 tone cerakote the barrel and the bolt to match in a black and grey or black and OD green and do the grey inserts in the stock the same color.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 62
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.