Remington 700 mag question

wisdeerkiller

I will be buying a Remington 700 long range 7mm rem mag with the bell and Carlson m40 stock in the next couple weeks. when I get my taxes back.

I have a Remington 700 sps 308 and I hate not having mags.

the one from midway I am looking at is

Wyatt's Outdoors Trigger Guard and Detachable Magazine Assembly Remington 700 Long Action Belted Magnum 10-Round Aluminum Matte
(midwayusa product #483368)

I want to know if anyone has used this with a 7mm rem mag or has any others that have worked well with the 7mm rem mag. not looking to spend more then $300.

thanks for any input.

I haven't used that set up, but just got my B&C Medalist stock recently. It's my understanding that you may have to add or remove some material to get the magazine seating depth just right, so plan for that possibility in your build. I'd recommend checking Pacific Tool and Gauge's website, too, they have some great deals on DBM setups well under $300, and most in the $99-$130 range.

If you go to stocky stocks they have lots of mag kits. They have the m5 and m4. The m5 takes inletting if your stock isn't set up for a mag system. The m4 format take any inletting at all drop in fit. There both under 300 if I remember correctly and they are great badger makes them for stocky if I remover correctly. Hope this helps good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.