• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Remington 700 Action Sleeve

Sighter

(SOLD) Remington 700 sleeve made by Davidson. Fits Long or Magnum 700 actions. Great for a switch barrel project or to stiffen up the long 700 action.

Integral lug. Serial Number Port.

This is a new part never had an action in it and it has sat on my bench too long.

$100 shipped in the USA. (SOLD)

LA%20SLEEVE%20R.jpg

Sleeve%20a.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to buy your action sleeve. I do have a few questions about it though.

- Does it have a single shot "follower" integral to the sleeve or does one need to be installed?

- Does it require more machining for the bolt handle, cocking lug, etc?

- Anything else you can tell me about it? (never seen one installed)

Thanks
Eric

- Does it have a single shot "follower" integral to the sleeve or does one need to be installed? The action slides into the sleeve, so as you look at the end it is a perfectly round action size hole through it. On my short action I simply put a follower in and glued it at the same time I glued the sleeve into the action. The glue in is simple, I use a 2 part epoxy and it takes hardly any of it to do the job. I get the action single shot adapters from Russ Haydon:

Site:

Rifle Bullet Reloading Custom Rifle Accessories Benchrest Shooting

Description:

"Rem 700 series single-shot adapter, glue-in type, specify short tip-up (222), med. (308), or long (25.06 and up) .. $12.95"

- Does it require more machining for the bolt handle, cocking lug, etc? Not at all. The standard bolt, handle, trigger, trigger pins all work. The only mod is setting up without a barrel lug. If you had an action set up with a lug now, a gunsmith can cut the lug away to make a circular spacer and you are good to go.

- Anything else you can tell me about it? (never seen one installed). You can use a standard stock for a Long Action but need one that can be milled flat for the area of the sleeve. Not difficult to do since it is flat, I did it to mine on my small home mill.

The sleeve is also easy to trim to length if you do not like or want the overhang around the barrel area. I am not a gunsmith, but have removed and re-installed several of these sleeves. Not difficult at all. One I have is my favorite prarie dog gun and the action was pitiful, it was pitted on bottom with most the blue worn. It will hold .3's group size in unturned 6BR with the Davidson sleeve and looks great now.

Hope that helps.