Remington 700 7mm mag Twist

mattkent

I have a 1981 Remington 700 7mm mag, and I can not find out what the barrel twist is. If anybody knows the rate I would appreciate the help.

Thanks

Ok thanks for the replies. The reason I am asking is because I want to try to load the Berger 168 vld, and Berger recommends a 1/9 twist rate.

Ok thanks for the replies. The reason I am asking is because I want to try to load the Berger 168 vld, and Berger recommends a 1/9 twist rate.

You will have no trouble shooting 168's and may even be able to shoot 180's depending on your elevation..........rich

9.25" will work just fine with the Berger 168 VLD's. Load up with some slow powder like IMR 7828 SSC or 7977 in some Nosler brass, and a Federal 215 primer and seat them about 0.015" off the lands, and work up your powder charge to accuracy.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.