Remington 700 .270 Accuracy Question

Ive always had great groups with cheap factory Hornady ammo, better than a few of the more expensive "premium" ammo.
Nice work on the barrel cleaning and troubleshooting.
Me too Koda.I have killed more deer with Interlocks than any other bullet when I was a youngster.I still have some and would use them if I couldn't get my go to bullets.

Hornady "hit it out if the park" with their 270 Win 130gr factory Interlock load. It shoots consistent 1/2 - 3/4 MOA in 3 different 270s.

I use is as the baseline for how a load should shoot. After trying 100s of combinations of load development with different bullets, powders, etc. I could seldom replicate the same accuracy I knew these guns were capable of. In the end, I just copied the load. Not super fast, but accurate, good terminal performance and cheap.

Basically it's the equivalent to 53-53.5gr H4350, bullet seated to same COAL as the factory load. Powder charge varies 0.5 gr depending on lot.

Both 3rd Gen and Midway had 100ct boxes of those bullets for < $16 per box in the last 2 years. I bought a lifetime supply.

Last edited: