Remington 300 Win Mag what model should I buy?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Silverback7, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Silverback7

Silverback7 Well-Known Member

What do you all think.

2. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Well, you should give us a little more to go on. What is the intended hunting type, terrain , range you will shoot etc.

But since this is a LR hunting forum I will give my vote for a long range shooter. Look for a Sendero, install a brake, bed it and a triger tune, load up some 210 Bergers and there is a good chance it will go 1 moa to 800 or 1000 yards.

Jeff

3. Silverback7

So I have to have the barrel threaded

4. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Only if you want the brake installed. If not the weight of the Sendero makes the recoil pretty managable. But I like a good brake so I can easily spot my own hits.

Jeff

5. WyoElk2Hunt

WyoElk2Hunt Well-Known Member

+1 on the Remington Sendero

6. LouBoyd

LouBoyd Well-Known Member

That's entirely dependent on your shooting style and the weight you want to carry. My favorite is the 300 Win Mag Sendero but it's best when shot from bags or a bipod. the SPR is lighter and less expensive but still heavier than a sporter. If you shoot mostly unsupported then a sporter (ADL/BDL/CDL) would be a good choice. Maybe a titanium action mountain rifle if you want to carry it in rough terrain, have the money, and can find one. I'd recommend not less than a 24" barrel for a 300 Win Mag. The Sendero is 26".

I like the Rem 700 for "medium magnums because they have 3.6" magazines which allows handling longer low drag bullets. The SAAMI OAL of the 300 Win mag cartridge is only 3.34".
    That allows a considerable performance improvement with handloads. Something you don't get with a 300 WSM in a short action.

7. Silverback7

HUH???

8. baldhunter

baldhunter Well-Known Member

The Sendero is a great choice.My 300 Win Mag is in a CDL.The recoil is not too bad,just make sure your scope has around 4" of eye relief.