remi 700 action level

foreign

iv just made a anti canting device and was wanting to know where on a remi 700 action i can put a level to ensure the rifle is level. then can line the scope up with a plumb line then i can install the anti cant device. pics with arrows to show flat serfaces would be appreciated. cheers

I actually just ordered the "Level-Level-Level" kit from MidwayUSA, to level the scope on my rifle. But I believe the best place (and also what this kit uses) is on the bolt raceway...

Remove the bolt from the gun, position the gun in some type of cradle gettin the barrel relativly level with the earth.

Find a small level, I have a 2" level in a small alluminum housing, Lay the level across the bolt raceway just to the rear of the rear reciever ring. Make sure the level is perpendicular to the actions center line. Level the gun with this level and hold the gun level with the cradle. Level your reticle to a plumb line on a nearby wall, or somthing similar while keeping the gun level. Tighten down and recheck everything, Then level your scope tube anti cant device, while keeping all the preleveled things level.

walla, level, level, level.

nova, make your you check your levels on a different level. We had to sand down the magnet on the one that sits in the race way and super glue the other one in the correct position.

nova, make your you check your levels on a different level. We had to sand down the magnet on the one that sits in the race way and super glue the other one in the correct position.

Will do, thanks for the tip. UPS shows them as being here on Tuesday along with my new DNZ scope mount :) so I will definitely check it before I get everything snugged down.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.