bedding remi 700

foreign

hey i was wondering if anyone though there would be any point of bedding a standard remington 700 sps .308.??
forgot to mention bedding in the original stock.

Last edited:
YES , that weapon would certainly be a good cantidate for a bedding job. The dinky new stocks that remington has resorted to are soft and flex easly. I personaly would piller/glass bed the action and fill the forend with bedding compound also to help stiffen it

well i went through and bedded it. used epifill from international. hope it works well enough. dont have marinetex some of the others that have been mentioned in nz. i used a dremil drill and cut out under the tang and the recoil lug area. drilled some holes of at angles since it is a **** plastic stock and wanted to create a mechanical lock. used tape and clay to fill in the gaps. then kiwi shoe pollish as a release agent. well heres the result. im pleased since it was my first one.
img%5D
untitled%20folder

Last edited:
Have a look at this link for how to post pictures http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f47/how-post-picture-25364/

I have just bedded my rem plastic stock and used acraglass. seemed to work well. You might want to try epoxying in an aluminium tube into the forened of the stock as well. This will help to stiffen up the stock, especally if you want to use a bipod.

Where about's in christchurch are you? I am out in Oxford. I have a chronograph and ballsitic program if you don't have access to these. Send me a PM.

Stu.

just bought a rem 700sps in a 308 BBL rifle and i threw on a Osprey 10 - 40x50 mm Long Range Tactical Scope, Matte Black with a harris bipod and a uncle mikes Neoprene Buttstock Shell Holders and a tactical sling i put about $1,000 in everything so i was wondering if i should throw on a .308 VORTEX FLASH HIDER threw brownells and what ammo should i use. I just can't wait to go and shoot the thing it's going to be great

best of luck

Charles H Mousseau JR gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.