Rem Action truing who should I have do it?

excaliber

OK,
I've decided I'm done fooling with my tempermental Rem 700 300 Win Mag rifle. I'll spare you guys the long story but I'm not happy with the gun and have a new barrel to install on it..

Who would you recommend I have true the Rem action and chamber/install the new Bartlein barrel?

I've read many posts here but I'm not really finding the info I was looking for. I'm leery about sending my stuff off to someone I have not met to do this work.

This seems like the place to get this info. I'm looking for someone with the best results and recommendations.
Thanks

Check out Long Rifles Inc in Sturgis, SD. Chad Dixon did a group buy for Snipers Hide a couple years ago. He was able to turn around a bunch of trued actions with new barrels in a quick amount of time and for reasonable cost. Ask him if the group buy pricing is still available.

OK,
I've decided I'm done fooling with my tempermental Rem 700 300 Win Mag rifle. I'll spare you guys the long story but I'm not happy with the gun and have a new barrel to install on it..

Who would you recommend I have true the Rem action and chamber/install the new Bartlein barrel?

I've read many posts here but I'm not really finding the info I was looking for. I'm leery about sending my stuff off to someone I have not met to do this work.

This seems like the place to get this info. I'm looking for someone with the best results and recommendations.
Thanks

Sorry to hear about your negative experience with your rifle.

lightbulbI don't think you can wrong with any of the "active" sponsor gunsmiths here ... I'm pretty sure they'll appreciate your support too. lightbulb

GA Precision will do it for $100 if it's in combination with a barrel install. Hard to beat that deal.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.