Relocated in PA

Centre county is within a very good area as for all things related to shooting.
In close proximity to the steep hillsides, as well as lots of open areas with fairly level terrain. Much of those areas are reclaimed strip mines from many years ago. Depending upon your location, you could well be within a short trip to where a large percentage of the Elk are located as well. That being in an adjoining county, especially the area surrounding Frenchville.
As for people coming foreword offering up choice hunting spots, i wouldnt be expecting much response.
Much of the entire region is public owned land, open for everybody. Some of those old strip mines are on public land also, and can be very good places to shoot.
Burn some fuel riding around the area, even an expanded area, talking with people as you do, would be my advise.
One open door often opens others.

What I learned from many Oregonians is to go knocking on farmland doors. Which something I am not inclined, or able to bring myself to do. But getting involved with the community from time to time has opened doors for me. Also just yacking with neighbors or while out fishing has given me leads to new spots. Most of my spots were found on my own burning gas and googling maps. Sometimes I wish I still had my old 86 subaru for gas prices like we're having now.

Also I for completely forgot different hunting apps, I use HuntStand quite a bit .you can get all the property info either from a map or where you are at including owners name and property lines then you know how to get in touch with them and see about getting permission.

All good ideas and am aware of them all. Was looking for members in my surrounding areas I guess. I should have been more direct. Jim B. and I have been in contact in the past with potential opportunities. Our schedules never jive. Thanks again.

I was on the mend for awhile . not much shooting going on . now we have a range from 50 - 450 with steel targets every 50 yards . the long range is 600 - 2000 yards . steel target every 100 yards . I built paper target holders at 100 and 200 , and a solid stool at the bench . we have also been putting in food plots . it's about time we get shooting , I still have your phone number .

I just took the booster seat up today .

P6280423.JPG P6300439.JPG P6280428.JPG

I did take my Grandson up shooting two times last week . he beat up the 50 and 100 yard gongs with his 22 . he beat up 100 , 150 , 200 gongs with his 260 . it was windy , the balloons were tricky .

P6230408.JPG P6230401.JPG P6230396.JPG

I'm retired now . I think you get a few weekdays off. if you want to try a weekday , PM me .