Reloading my 338 edge

Timmyatneb

Hi ive been trying to do a littel teloading for my new 338 edge. I had 200 bertran brass thats been shot some. I also eas trying a couple hunred remington that had 2 shots on them off my old 338 edge. I thought i would use the bertran it was all neck turned to 13.5 thousands neck thickness. I was using my 363 bushing die for them. I loaded 20 or so remington also but i got discourged with accuracy and said heck with it and bought 200 norma . Thought i would just start over with virgin brass. 89 grains h100. Virgin brass no round mark on the bottom of brass. 89.5 tinny mark barley visably . 90 grain half to 3/4 slight circle mark. I cleaned these 15 brass after the first firing. Measured neck thickness its 15.5 to 16 thick. Used my 364 bushing . And just neck sized. Before i was buming back the sholed 1 thousands. With the norma just neck sizing. After the first firing, set up the chrono coffing today 28 degrees outside. I had left my loaded rounds in the truck so they were cold. 89 grains h100 364 bushing neck sized only shot awsome first stot one mos high at 100 came down 4 clicks 4 founds in like the same hole it was a big hole though 1/2 moa sized . Was super excited but they a littel slower then the virgin brass. 2753 2746 2755 2738 2751. Well i though the accuracy was bad a^^. Grabed my 5 neck sized 89.5 grain loads aimed at a spot left an inch or so and moved my turrets down 4 click to accommodate for the extra vrlocity i thought i would get . Them averaged about the same velocity mabey 10 fps faster but accuracy was horrible like 2 inch group. Thought well that sucked grabbed my 5 at 90 grain neck sized. Shot like a 5 inch group accuracy was bad about the save m velocity. Was pretty disappointed drove 30 mins to the farm to get there had to wait till today because deer season closed sunday . Benn waiting a week to shoot now this. Was picking up stuff bottom window of chrono coffin was shot to hell . I guess mabey 89.5 and 90 need rechecked. Oh shot some berger 300 hybrids about inch group also 90 grain h1000 defentally slight circle on bottom of case head. . Any advice. I guess reload 89.5 and 90 neck sized and try again or should i say 90 is too hot? Oh one other thing cross hairs on my nightforce were super hard to see, i closed my eyes and then opened then and crosshairs were good for 5 seconds then faded. If i adjust my parallax till the targets gets the tinnyist bit out of focus cross hairs look great. What do you think about that?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.