Reloading log book, software/program help

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by dig, Jul 23, 2011.

1. dig

dig Well-Known Member

Its time to up grade from my multiple 3 ring binder log books to something on the computer/on line. What is available? What is everyone using. There are a few option I would like.

1. Ability to scan targets into log ( I 3 hole punch them into binder now)
    2. Easy to print out information
    3. Not a must but Excel compatible.

I am sure there is something out there just have not found it yet.

Thanks,

2. kc0pph

kc0pph Well-Known Member

PM me with the specifics you want and ill make a nice Excel spreadsheet. Been worrying about what im going to use as i use sharpie on masking tape on boxes as my databook.

3. bigngreen

bigngreen Well-Known Member

LoadBase 3.0 Desktop version is the total package!!

4. stormchaser43

stormchaser43 New Member

I am currently developing a program that has a log book feature. I am also making a load search area in this software.

The log book area will also save the file in a .txt at the beginning, however when I start getting better with programming this will change to excel or an access database file.

Does anyone have any inputs that they would like to have in the log feature, this is what i have planned for entries.

Caliber
    Bullet Weight
    Bullet Mfg
    Bullet Type
    Powder Weight
    Powder Type
    Brass Mfg
    Case Length
    Overall Length
    Primer
    Date Loaded
    Rounds Loaded

I have a log program that I wrote for my girlfriend for tracking books that she has read so if anyone would like to see an example of what the program will somewhat look like and do let me know and ill send a copy. This will be freeware. Also on a side note I am working on my Bachelors Degree in Programming.

gun)

5. Rbreb13

Rbreb13 Member

HuntingNut ยป Top 30

Here's something to look at. I found it awhile back but haven't really played much with it. I found it to be a bit tedious/

It might give you some ideas as to your approach.