Reloading deck height

I have the Inline Fab ultra riser for my Hornady Classic single stage.

Attachments

• 7E02A93C-C6EB-43A7-9BEC-16631A23F08F.jpeg
    7E02A93C-C6EB-43A7-9BEC-16631A23F08F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
How is it I'm so important to you lately?
Your not important to me at all, it just seems that every new post that I'm interested in there you are making comments that have nothing to do with helping the OP, For instance, I like my steak rare, I'm a Chevy fan, I prefer charcoal over gas ( but gas is much quicker) Not a big fan of IHOP but I do like the Waffle House( if you go in the evenings as they are to crowded on Sundays), Goodyear Tires wear to fast IMO, and yes I do like my scale eye level to eliminate parallax and I even have a lighted magnifier so I can see precisely as I can, all of which have nothing to do with the OP, I'm just tagged in to see others opinions on " Reloading Deck Height" Back to you ,

All apologies to the OP as this has been very informative

Your not important to me at all, it just seems that every new post that I'm interested in there you are making comments that have nothing to do with helping the OP, For instance, I like my steak rare, I'm a Chevy fan, I prefer charcoal over gas ( but gas is much quicker) Not a big fan of IHOP but I do like the Waffle House( if you go in the evenings as they are to crowded on Sundays), Goodyear Tires wear to fast IMO, and yes I do like my scale eye level to eliminate parallax and I even have a lighted magnifier so I can see precisely as I can, all of which have nothing to do with the OP, I'm just tagged in to see others opinions on " Reloading Deck Height" Back to you ,

All apologies to the OP as this has been very informative

It seems you lately are not interested in answering the OP, but condemning me for petty stuff. I asked my son-in-law if scale height was good info for a new loader asking about setting up his loading bench. If OP is 6'1" and I'm 5'7" me telling him my bench is X height doesn't help him at all.

Don't have the measurements at work for my presses but here is how I have them set. On Progressive presses the carriers are all about nipple high on me in position to use the press. I run my Dillon 650 standing and all the rest sitting. This seems to be the best balance of back and arm fatigue for me. I run single stage with the shell holder a couple of inches lower. I do have to stand tall to fill the Dillon with brass though. Still, if I had a bulletfeeder on it I would raise it a couple of inches more just for my back. Maybe this will make more sense anyway than measurements.

Hi, to answer your question:

1/. 6'1"
2/ 331/2" table is home made on wheels so I can wheel it to the lounge to work and top is 24"x 17"
3/. 1x Hornady Classic O press
1x Super Simplex turret press
4/. No
5/. I sit sometimes/ chair 17" at deck, l also stand up a lot for reloading( due to injury's)

And thank you for a very well thought out question,
Graham

Keep the barstards guessing

I built my bench to where I could stand comfortably and operate my press.

I'm 5'7" and my bench height is 42".

My press, Lyman All-American 8, is mounted on an oak block with countersunk bolts at 44"

I do have an old high top chair that I can use, but I actually prefer to stand most of the time. I don't normally load for any large batches, so I'm generally not at the bench for over an hour or two at a time. I'm sure that factors into my preference, as does prior work conditions, standing at the bench while I worked for several years as a metrology tech at a cal lab.

To each their own, I love seeing everyone else's setup! Great thread OP.

Attachments

• 6134A02F-F7AA-4F42-9DD7-71C05F8A938E.jpeg
    6134A02F-F7AA-4F42-9DD7-71C05F8A938E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 97
  • 2BCD27AA-FE63-40EC-A058-CBC3200D8E63.jpeg
    2BCD27AA-FE63-40EC-A058-CBC3200D8E63.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 78
  • 3BE11EFF-0B41-48AE-852A-39C32385D0CE.jpeg
    3BE11EFF-0B41-48AE-852A-39C32385D0CE.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 74
  • 06B06766-64ED-4B0E-88BF-2237B27610E1.jpeg
    06B06766-64ED-4B0E-88BF-2237B27610E1.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 100
5'8"
37" bench height

Have a MEC marksman on factory stand which measures 48" to shell holder

all my presses are mounted to 1/2" aluminum plate and held on bench with deep throated C clamps. My RS-5 is about 39" to shell holder and Hornady progressive is about 41" to shell plate.

I mostly stand when reloading but that's just me. Sitting on the stool is plenty comfortable for me at these heights when I do sit.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts