Reloading Bergers Browning X 300wsm

dirtboy

Looking for anyone that has a Browning X bolt 300 wsm that has any reloading experience with trying to load the 190gr -210gr Berger bullets possibly without the mag length being an issue..lightbulb I would really like to reload 190s as soon as I get my reloading stuff.

The 190's shoot well in my X Bolt, but I could get the the 185 Bergers locally easier than the 190's. I did take a dremel to my magazine so that I could seat them out a little longer, but later that also required cutting out a section of the feedramp in the action.

Seating to original magazine length they would shoot sub MOA no problems with most groups hovering around 3/4, but when I seated them out just a bit further most groups were in the 1/2 MOA range.

I haven't tried the 210's but I'd really like to try some of the 230 Hybrids.

If I could get the 190s at 3/4 inch I would be happy.. I really dont want to start cutting at my gun..lol! Let me know how you make out with 210 if you get them.. I was also looking into the 185's

What will you be hunting with the gun?
I have just worked up loads for my Sako A7 in .300wsm. Using Re-22. Very accurate. The Berger 168VLDs are just touching the lands.

I would try the 190 or 185 (whichever weight you like best and can get the easiest) and see how they shoot. My gun likes RL 17 and RL22 or RL19 (I can't remember which one shot better) with the 185's.

I think that they'll shoot just fine without doing any mods to your gun. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts