300WSM Reloading

270yotekiller

I plan on reloading for my new 300WSM but the Lee chamfering tool doesn't quite work, nor does the lee hand held priming tool. Now i know im going with the RCBS hand priming tool but which chamfering tool should i use? case preparation takes up most of my time so any time savers would be ideal.

Buy you a black and decker power screwdriver with a couple extra batteries. Turns at under 180 rpm so works for everything, neck turning, primer pockets, chamfering etc.

I like the Hart primer pocket reamers and Sinclair sells a power driver attachment for any tools.

I also like the Holland chamfer tool.

BH

I started loading the 300 WSM as well. I use a RCBS chamfer tool (the VLD) and I bought a RCBS prep center for $100 and I really like it. I have the neck brush, primer cutter, flash hole debur, neck debur on it and it sped up my loading by lots.

I also picked up the RCBS primer tool that uses a universal shell holder.

I had the issue with the Lee priming tool. The shell holder would fit, but the brass wouldn't go into it due to interference from the flange the shell holder fits under. A little time with a Dremel tool on the flange and I got enough clearance. Works fine now. My Lee tool was pretty old and I'd guess that newer ones are designed for the WSMs and wouldn't have this problem.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.