Reloading 30-378 wby mag

gmoose

How many times can I expect to re-size and reload cases of my 30-378 ?. I've re-sized about 7 times so far and they still look good but I have gotten some black about half way down the outside of a couple of cases mainly on one side.. What does this tell me? I am loading 98 grains of H1000 and 200 grain Match king. Thanks

Tells me you need to anneal your brass. If you already have, then I don't know.
Exactly what I was thinking.

The first thing to go on these cases is usually the primer pockets. If you don't push them too hard this is less of an issue.

The second thing to go will be the case head. You'll get cracks forming right above the case head from repeated stretching. Setting up your dies for a minimal shoulder bump will reduce this problem.

10-12 firings is what I'd expect if you don't push them hard and set up your dies correctly. Annealing after every 3-4 firings will give you more consistent neck tension and a good chamber seal.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.