Redding or RCBS dies

nebhunt

I have been reloading for several years and would like to get a good set of dies to improve my reloads. I am looking to cut down on the chance that the reloads have runout and uneven neck tension. I know neck wall thickness plays a part and I plan on culling the brass that has that problem. So what set of dies would you get? RCBS Gold Medal or Redding competition? Thanks for any help you can give me.

[ QUOTE ]
Ill throw in a another option- FORSTER!! And a Lee Collet neck die. www.midwayusa.com

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll also vote for Forster - you got a problem... you got no problem.

Many die companies (whose name begins with RCBS) say that if your chamber is out of spec (and you'd be suprised how often that happens), it's not their problem.

But you have a problem with Foster, cuz YOUR chamber is out of spec, you got no problem... they will do what is necessary to make it work.

I'll never buy RCBS again.

I needed a small pin to replace a lost part. They charged my several dollars plus $5 shipping for a .10 part. "Get me once shame on me!"

Thanks for the link Catshooter. It helped alot. I haven't had any problems with my current Hornady or RCBS dies but they are all older issue. I think the Redding dies will be on my bench before long. I have a 300WSM in Rem 700XCR and two 270WSM,(one a Kimber and the other a Sako 75) that will take up some of my spare time loading for.

[ QUOTE ]
I'll also vote for Forster - you got a problem... you got no problem.

Many die companies (whose name begins with RCBS) say that if your chamber is out of spec (and you'd be suprised how often that happens), it's not their problem.

But you have a problem with Foster, cuz YOUR chamber is out of spec, you got no problem... they will do what is necessary to make it work.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

You asked RCBS VS Redding, That's easy, Redding.

Good luck

Reloader

Between RCBS and Redding, IMO, there is no comparison....get the Redding.

Use the S-type Bushing sizer, and the competition seater.

Have never used the Redding or the Forester but they will be next if I start having trouble with my Hornadys like I had with the RCBS.
Geno

I don't have a runout gauge yet or a neck gauge yet. I have a caliper and a micromiter. I was thinking of getting a sinclair or RCBS gauging tool that can do both jobs.

Hi,

Another for Redding Competition.
I use a RCBS Case Master for run-out and neck thickness.
And a Forster trimmer for case length and neck turning in one operation.

HTH.
C'ya, John.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.