recommendations on mil/moa systems and the best way to learn them

loves2hunt

what system do you guys think is better? which is easiest to learn? are there some online tutorials or games that can help me learn how to use these systems. any help is appreciated and thanks

... just in case my battery goes dead :)

That is why you carry spare batteries and if you are going on an important hunt you change the batteries before you go in the field.

Also be sure you take more than one round of ammo, and dont forget to load your gun. :rolleyes:

I use Shooter Ready long range shooting simulator. Works good.

If you are using the MILDOTMASTER you will be ok up to 600-800yrd on deer size animal.
Just as a backup if batteries are dead or to cold outside for electronics to run...
I keep my rangefinder Swaro under my clothes close to body just to prevent this situation, but sometimes is to cold to operate, so the mildotmaster comes handy...
This is comming in MIL and MOA for holdover.
mildotmaster website

Awesome suggestions guys! My wallet is going to be smoking here really quick. From what I am seeing it seams as most of the industry is based on the MOA system. So is the any advantages of the Mrad system? Reason I ask is I am looking at buying the Vortex FFP PST and am trying to decide if I should get the MOA reticle or the Mrad reticle.

Awesome suggestions guys! My wallet is going to be smoking here really quick. From what I am seeing it seams as most of the industry is based on the MOA system. So is the any advantages of the Mrad system? Reason I ask is I am looking at buying the Vortex FFP PST and am trying to decide if I should get the MOA reticle or the Mrad reticle.

Mil or MOA both are working very well
MOA it seams to be more precise due to smaller distance between dots(hashlines gradation) at 100yrd is 1,0in, 200 is 2in 300-3in, etc.

1000yrd - 36in for MIL (dist bitween 2 lines)
1000yrds - 10in for MOA (dist between 2 lines)

MIL dot has 3.6in between the gradation, so a small error and at longer distance you are out.
I owned both, I love both systems, so I can think it is just personal pref.
Downsize to MOA is you have to hold more at longer distance
Ex: 7mm, 150 AB
900yrd - 3.5-MIL,
900yrd - 13.0 - MOA (1 Mil is 3.4 MOA)

This is just examples, so no real data. I just tried to show you the difference between the MOA - MIL

After years of confusion it all came together when the reticle and turret were the same system. Mils in the ret and MOA on the turret is not good.

Ever since 'it came together' MOA and MOA have made life much simpler.

MOA and IPHY are so close that it seems a 'wash' between them.

I can't give the 'best' system only you can decide that, but I can offer this video which is very helpfull,..
go to bottom of page; article titled "Long Range Scope Comparison: .."

..keep your pointer on the play/pause button it can go a little fast sometimes..

?Videos AccurateShooter.com Bulletin

:)

On the second page (tab) of my nest to be released application will have
options that'd be helpful in what you're looking at.

Below shows a photo of the second page of what some of the next release
will contain.

What's available right now can be downloaded at:

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/jomoncada/Eaglet_Ballistic_Calcs/readme.zip

359bgr4.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts