recoil difference? 260rem vs. 6.5x47 vs. 6.5x284

Both my 6.5x47's have very little recoil. One is heavy at about 14 lbs. other one finished at 8 lbs with a Swarovski Z5 5-25BT. Shoot 130 bergers and accubond at 2900 plus fps. Don't think you can go wrong with the x47. Both bullets kill deer great.

The 6.5 Grendel in a bolt gun would work out to 300...maybe 400 on deer. But not in a gas gun (AR platform). I just finished my 2nd gas Grendel this weekend. No range time yet, but from my reading on the Grendel site and my first Grendel...a 300yd deer...nope I will pass that shot.
Yep, check out the link in the above post...Ruger is doing just that. Remington needs to jump on it next in a 700 SA. If they would build a 5R Milspec GenII in 6.5 Grendel with a 1:8" twist 20" threaded and fluted heavy barrel, I guarantee you it would be a HUGE seller.

I would say with 130-140 grain handloads, the 6.5 Grendel would be fine out to around 500 on whitetail deer in a bolt-action rifle where you can really tune your loads for precision groups.

Yep, check out the link in the above post...Ruger is doing just that. Remington needs to jump on it next in a 700 SA. If they would build a 5R Milspec GenII in 6.5 Grendel with a 1:8" twist 20" threaded and fluted heavy barrel, I guarantee you it would be a HUGE seller.

I would say with 130-140 grain handloads, the 6.5 Grendel would be fine out to around 500 on whitetail deer in a bolt-action rifle where you can really tune your loads for precision groups.
CZ also makes a 6.5grendel...cz's are usually pretty **** good shooting guns. Heck my cz 22s outshoot some centerfire rifles
http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-527-american/

Remington makes the SPS tactical in 6.5 creedmoore now with the hogue stock (crap I know) and the threaded muzzle brake. Slap a new stock and trigger and you're ready to go.

Remington makes the SPS tactical in 6.5 creedmoore now with the hogue stock (crap I know) and the threaded muzzle brake. Slap a new stock and trigger and you're ready to go.
Yeah, but I don't want a 6.5 CreedWhore... I would like to see it in a 6.5 Grendel. I am VERY glad to see them making the 5R rifles in a .260 Remington as well. It's about time Remington finally supported their own cartridge they almost killed-off back in the late 90's...The ORIGINAL 6.5 CM, before the CM even existed.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.