rebarrel how long do you wait

Most of the top barrel makers take 2 to 3 months to build a barrel. and most will meet or beat that date if he is a good one.

I try to find a stock that is in stock because any more the stocks are the main hold up.

I recommend that people order there parts and once they have everything then give it to the
smith but be sure and get a firm delivery date before you give him the parts. Also only give him half the money, so he has some incentive to finish.

when parts are brought to me I look at the schedule and when his rifle goes on the list from that date he has his rifle in 30 days or less.

I have seen other people wait 2 years and the worst was a friend that waited 7 years and then picked up the parts and brought them to me (He had also paid the full amount in the beginning and when he ask for a refund the Smith ask for the receipt and of coarse, he didn't have it after 7 years

So he took the loss. Much to his surprise I had a window of opportunity (Waiting on parts) and finished his rifle in 1 week. he has been a very good customer ever since.

If someone promises a delivery date they should meet it. I don't like being told what I want to hear, I want to be told the truth and if it is to long I will except or move on.

In fairness to the smiths that have tons of work .I only schedule what I can deliver on and never fall behind. This keeps me and the customer happy. And because I am retired the schedule is mine.

So, It doesn't matter how long you have to wait, as long as the smith gave you a completion date
and meets it.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.