The longest time you had to wait?

kimberyote

My gunsmith has had 2 of my rifles for going on 19 months.
One is a rebarrel and bedding. The other is having problems cycling.
What has been the longest you have had to wait?

For those small tasks, I wouldn't have waited more than than a week after the time frame he said he would be able to start. And if his start time was too far off, then I would have found someone that could get to it in a more timely fashion.

The gestation period of an elephant is almost equivalent to the time your gunsmith has kept you waiting. Some of the busier smiths around me tell me they can get to my rifle in 3 weeks plus what ever time it takes to do the work (3 weeks for the re-barrel). Add a month for a really busy guy and you still are long by about 16 months.

I waited 2 years for a couple of rifles because I did not know better, and still had to do some
work on them and then decided to just start building them myself.

Not to long ago a friend brought me a box of rifle parts that he had been waiting on for 7 years
for his smith to assemble. I built the rifle in less than 3 weeks.

3 to 4 weeks time is plenty if the smith has time to dedicate to your rifle if he has everything
nessary.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.