Rear shooting bag

benny1

What rear shooting bag or support system are the best for long range hunting and shooting? Light weight and stable.

I use a Lawrence 25lb shot bag filled with a bag of rice and the end sewn shut. I also have a couple cloth bags that held shelled pistachios that I filled with rice as well haha. The rice won't work its way through the bag like sand and the plastic bag prevents any rice falling out of the seems if they come loose. You can adjust how firm or squishy the bag is by adding or removing rice.

I have three bags, two medium ones, one is stiff and one isn't, and they are about 8x6" and the other is somewhat stiff and is around 10x4" and is not very tall. I tend to bring one of the medium ones to get a solid position in most cases, but the smaller bag really becomes handy in certain spots. Sometimes stacking the long thin bag with a fatter one is required. They are easy to make and can also be made from old blue jeans or just about any rugged material. It is really nice to have different sizes for different positions and situations.

benny1, I can't say that this the best, but while heavy is only 8lb. 8oz., a Wiebad Mini Range Cube. It is one recommended by Ryan Cleckner.... Ex military sniper and author of Long Range Shooting Handbook. Seems to be a pretty good compromise between stability and portability! Good Luck memtb

I like the Triad, poly filled bag.

Attachments

• IMG_0567.JPG
    IMG_0567.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 93
the cam bag is very close to that but without flat sides ( the pictures on the site aren't the best ). You can roll it as well as slide it and still have a solid foundation where I would think you are limited to just sliding the Triad back. I am not knocking the Triad bag...it could hold a spot in my kit.

It's not a bag, but a Bipod Buddy can be effective in the field, especially if you are dealing with tall grass or sage. They are light too..

[ame]https://youtu.be/LFABTc-UND8[/ame]

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.