Rear bag for A5 stock

For field use, I made my own out of camo duck cloth. It's 2" thick, 3" wide and 4.5" long. That way I can turn it different ways in the field to get a good hold.

Looking for opinions on a good rear bag with ears wide enough for the A5 butt. Those that use the A5 know that it's about 1-1/2" wide with a very flat bottom edge. What's your A5 bag of choice?

Protektor Doctor bag is what I use.

You can order whatever configuration you need/want. They make it with a no taper/flat top on the main part of the bag, which works perfect for the flat/level portion of the butthook. Then order the length, width, and height of the ears you want to match up with the rest of the butt.

I guess it's not a bag but I just found the BiPod buddy a few weeks ago. bipodbuddy.com and works on a big range of stocks. Check out his videos and demos.

A "sand sock" inside a crown royal bag, dangling off the rear of the stock by the draw strings.

Protektor Doctor bag is what I use.

You can order whatever configuration you need/want. They make it with a no taper/flat top on the main part of the bag, which works perfect for the flat/level portion of the butthook. Then order the length, width, and height of the ears you want to match up with the rest of the butt.

Al,

Dumb question.....do you really put the bag under the A-5 like it is in the picture when you are shooting??

As far as the OP....I use the same bag as I do for my ST-1000 Bench gun. Of course, it is a Mini Gator with the extra row of stitching. It filled with heavy sand, so it is not for field use.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.