Ream out 7mm SS to 7mm WSM?

wilkup

Is it possible to get this taken care of without having to set the barrel back at all? I'm after the larger capacity the WSM case offers over the smaller SS (Sherman Short) option.
The SS case is 1.95" verses the 2.100" of the WSM case. I've got a 2.90" COAL with loaded 180gr Berger Hybrids.
Is there a local (DFW Area) smith who could perform this rechamber for me?

You'll have to set it back, you'll also loose velocity or at best break even, I've never gotten a WSM or SAUM to run as fast as an SS and I've ran them all till primers drop even throating them out to a long action. If you improve the WSM case then you could just punch it out.

I also don't see the purpose, other than you wouldn't have to form brass. The SS will outperform a WSM, as well as have a longer barrel life.

Unless your going to take the rifle over seas, because in that case I believe your case head on your brass has to match the caliber stamp on your rifle, If I remember correctly last time I looked....in that case....I get it.

You'll have to set it back, you'll also loose velocity or at best break even, I've never gotten a WSM or SAUM to run as fast as an SS and I've ran them all till primers drop even throating them out to a long action. If you improve the WSM case then you could just punch it out.

I didn't realize the SS would beat a WSM. Is that with all bullet weights or just the heavies, 180+ options?
With my hotrodding of the case a couple months back, and the cautions I received, I got a little scared to push very hard on loads with the SS case. If the SS can beat the other shorties with equal bullet weights, I can see no reason to change cartridges.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.