RCBS Rock Chucker Press Question

demarpaint

Will the Original Rock Chucker Press be suitable to Re-load the .300 RUM, or an improved version of it????

Whew!

Chris you don't know how glad I am to hear that.

I knew I needed to get a new scope, Rings, Tapered base, brass and bullets before my Tomahawk gets here, I sure didn't want to have to buy a new press too!

CHRIS: NO PROBLEMS LOADING THE TOMMY? I WAS JUST WONDERING IF THE NEW ROCK CHUCKER WITH THE 4" OPENING WOULD MAKE LOADING THE TOMMY ANY EASIER.....IF NOT I'LL STICK TO THE ROCK CHUCKER I HAVE.

THANKS
FRANK D

I have a .338 RUM and the Tomahawk, and both fit in the old RockChucker with no problem. If I was buying a press anyway, I would get the larger one, but you really don't need the room and if you already have one, there is no need to waste the money.

I couldn't load the 7mmRUM on mine. I think the difference was a very long VLD design bullet & the sliding sleeve from a Forster Ultra Seating Die hanging below the frame opening. I bought a Redding Ultramag press & love it - except for the price!

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.